The Surgical Clinic of Central Arkansas provides comprehensive surgical care to the entire state of Arkansas. In addition to providing excellent general surgical care we also provide multi-specialty surgical care by some of the most respected surgeons in the state.
We are a surgical referral center and therefore we provide comprehensive care for patients with multiple problems that require transfer from regional hospitals throughout the state. Such complex patients frequently require multiple medical specialists to become involved. We are able to coordinate such care readily at both Baptist Health Medical Center and CHI St. Vincent Infirmary.
As general surgeons, some of the most common types of surgery we perform include the following:
- Biliopancreatic Surgery – surgery to treat diseases of the gallbladder, bile ducts, and pancreas.
- Colorectal Surgery – surgery to treat diseases of the colon and rectum.
- Gastrointestinal Surgery – surgery to treat diseases of stomach and small intestine.
- Hernia Repair Surgery – surgical repair of abdominal and groin hernias.
- Reflux Surgery – surgical treatment of reflux (GERD).
Many of our surgeons have additional training in a variety of surgical specialties that include the following.
- Bariatric Surgery – weight loss surgery to treat morbid obesity.
- Breast Surgery – surgery for breast cancer and other diseases of the breast.
- Endocrine Surgery – surgery to treat diseases of the thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal glands.
- Laparoscopic Surgery – minimally invasive surgery to treat abdominal conditions.
- Surgical Oncology – surgery to treat various cancers.
- Trauma Surgery – surgical and critical care of severely injured patients.
- Vascular Surgery – surgical treatment of aneurysms, arterial and venous disease, and vascular access.